Welcome To Our Blog!

The Sisters Wade was started to give voice to a young, fresh, conservative perspective. We invite you to dialogue, debate, disagree or applaud our efforts. Hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

I'm a day late, but I would be remiss if I fail to pay tribute to those whom this holiday commemorates. So, to our troops and to our veterans, to those who have given their lives throughout our nation's history and to those who are risking their lives even as I type these words--THANK YOU!! There are no words that can convey to you the extent of our gratitude. You are our heroes.

I am humbled and awed at the sacrifices that have been made to build what I consider the greatest nation on earth. I am so thankful for the freedom I inherited because others paid the ultimate price. I am truly proud to be an American.

And now, to those of us who have been privileged to receive this gift, the cost of which we can't begin to comprehend, I charge you to guard it with utmost solemnity and vigilance. May we not be guilty of ignorantly squandering that which was not easily obtained. It's hard to understand the value of something you've never been without. But that is what we must do or we will surely find ourselves without it. As Wallace Bruce once said, "Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours."


3 comments:

Brynn said...

Brought me to tears!!!
Great inspiration!!!
I am also forever grateful and deeply indebted to those who have answered the call to defend "the land of the free and the home of the brave"

Belinda said...

Hi Wade Sisters,
What a great blog! I just heard about it today and had to check it out. Naturally, I had to read the "Military" articles first. Thank you for your support for our military. You'll never know how much it means to our military men and women when people buy them pizza at the airport. When our son was in the Marines and would travel to and from base and deployments (Iraq and Afghanistan)sometimes people would offer to buy his meals in the airports. Just a "thank you" helps them to know that what they do is appreciated. I gained an even greater appreciation for our military and the price they pay as I walked the halls of the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD, and Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. Freedom is costly, but not one wounded warrior I met regretted the price they had paid. The only regret I heard expressed was that they could not return to fight and finish the war with their buddies. We have to elect a president who is proud of America, honors our Judeo-Christian foundation, cherishes our freedom, and is willing to do whatever it takes to protect the freedoms we are blessed to enjoy.
God bless you for taking a stand!
Belinda Sikes

Kacey said...

Thanks so much for sharing Mrs. Sikes. It's great to hear from you, and we appreciate your input on our blog! And thank you for what your family has given in this fight to protect us and our freedom. We have prayed for Jonathan and will continue to do so.