Welcome To Our Blog!

The Sisters Wade was started to give voice to a young, fresh, conservative perspective. We invite you to dialogue, debate, disagree or applaud our efforts. Hope you enjoy!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

WHY?

  • Why did Barney Frank (D-Mass Congressman) tell police he would not recognize marijuana because he is “not a great outdoorsman” when his boyfriend was arrested for possession of said drug with Frank present? Why do the people of Massachusetts keep electing this guy? There are so many things wrong with this story.
  • Why are states that have the highest tax rates (like New York, New Jersey, California) also the closest to going bankrupt? Why are we as tax payers continually asked to pay more taxes when our government officials clearly can’t spend within a budget and are down right incompetent in handling our money? Why do some Americans have to pay upwards of 60-70% of their income in various state, local, and federal taxes? It’s just absurd people.
  • Why did former President Clinton refer to health care reform as a “big, complicated, organic thing” when urging Senators to move forward on it? I don’t want a “big, complicated, organic thing” in charge of my health care or that large a portion of the economy.
  • Why did Nancy Pelosi refer to the health care bill as a “Christmas gift” for all Americans? Um, hello, we’re paying for it… that in itself disqualifies it as a “gift”. Not to mention, that it's a $1 trillion present I’d like to “re-gift” to someone else.
  • And why am I, as a proponent of small government and a tea party protestor, referred to as an “extremist” while Nidal Malik Hasan is not?
Why, people, why?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I love that you were blogging just hours before you delivered a child:) He is destined to be a clever, conservative, brilliant child!

Kelley said...

Yes, let's add one more question: "Why was I blogging mere hours before giving birth?" Ha!

Caroline Collie said...

Whoa...as i'm seeing the comments I hope the birth went well. I was actually going to comment because I am an American who gave birth in Scotland, under a universal health care system, and to be quite frank, it was awful. I'm still not back in the States, so on my behalf, I'd love to encourage you to keep speaking out with a positive, conservative voice. And more specifically, speak out against the health care reform as much as you can! You don't even want to hear my labour story. Or half a dozen others. Trust me.