Welcome To Our Blog!

The Sisters Wade was started to give voice to a young, fresh, conservative perspective. We invite you to dialogue, debate, disagree or applaud our efforts. Hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My News Hiatus

So we've been MIA lately...

I confess. I have taken a good LONG break over the holidays from most things politics. I got lost in a few fiction novels, hit the road for some good family visits, and wasted time on Facebook. :) I've really had no desire to turn on my nightly news shows or check the internet blogs and headlines. Instead of talk radio in the car, I've much preferred my one-and-a-half year old singing Christmas carols at the top of his lungs (doesn't quite get all the words but sure knows the melodies and rhythms).

On top of that, Wade sister #2 (Kacey) (#2 only due to birth order, Kace) is about to give birth to her second baby soon, so I've had to cut her a little slack in the blog world. Hopefully you'll give us one last Kacey commentary before the wee one comes...

So, is there anything huge I've missed? What stories have you been following recently?

I'm sure I'll be back in the swing of things in no time. It is a new year. Happy 2009 faithful blog readers! Until then I leave you with a few of my favorite pics from our holiday celebrations.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures.... the last one is my favorite! Precious!

Anonymous said...

Kelley, I love the picture of your baby boy hugging you - so sweet, it touches my heart (and many others I'm sure.)